Saturday, November 28, 2009

House of Hope Holiday Cards For Sale!


This past summer I traveled to Nicaragua and Costa Rica to meet with organizations that were trying to help women leave prostitution and that were providing health, education, and other services to women and girls would had been exploited sexually. One of the organizations that I spent the most time at was House of Hope (see my first blog post on my experience).

One of the weekly House of Hope activities is a large group activity where women come from around the city to make greeting and holiday cards each Tuesday. I brought home a bag full of cards to sell here in the States and am hoping that some of you might be interested in buying a pack or two.


Sampling of Christmas/Holiday Cards

Each pack contains 10 cards and envelopes and has been handmade by women, young and old, who are seeking an alternative to prostitution and an opportunity to hear about God and Jesus. Some of the cards use recycled paper that is made right at House of Hope, as well. I'm selling each pack of cards for $6 or two packs for $12, all of the money will go directly to House of Hope.

You can let me know if you prefer to buy Christmas, holiday, or greeting (thank you, happy birthday, even wedding!) cards. House of Hope has pictures of all the Christmas cards and the messages inside or click here for pictures of other greeting cards. I will check my stock if you are interested in a particular design.


Sampling of Birthday/Wedding Cards

House of Hope relies on generous giving in order to provide shelter and free education and health services to the children and families that live at their residential site. When I was there most of the bodegas (homes) were full, but they were unable to expand because they need a committed sponsor before allowing another family to join them.

If you are in the Boston area and interested in buying cards, please comment to the post or send me an email. If you would like me to send you cards somewhere else in the US, contact me, and we can try to work something out!


Sampling of Thank You & Blank Cards

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy this holiday season!

No comments: